Just updated this website from Joomla 1.7.1 to 2.5.7

First I made a backup using the excellent Akeeba Backup

As I get an error when I try to use the package manager of

The PHP allow_url_fopen setting is disabled. This setting must be enabled for the updater to work.

 

I downloaded the Joomla_2.5.7-Stable-Update_Package from the Joomla website and updated using Upload and Install from the Extension manager, a tense few minutes later here we are Joomla 2.5.7.

then checking the Instructions on

http://docs.joomla.org/Upgrading_from_Joomla_1.7_to_Joomla_2.5

I checked the section at the bottom Checking your site to make sure the databases were correct and alls a go.


***   Quick update that as this upgrade of Joomla seems to have worked we have now updated our other customers websites based on Joomla to v2.5.7   www.amfilms.co.uk and www.hhaaa.co.uk

Copyright dalesmedia © 2005-2017. All Rights Reserved.